Sunday, October 4, 2009

Super-Special Cupcakes...

I've wanted a reason to make extra-pretty cupcakes and that opportunity presented itself when I was asked to make two dozen for a christening. I was asked to make twelve sophisticated ones for the adults and twelve that would be 'magical' for the families two little girls. She was also concerned about them being messy, so chocolate was out. I imagine three-year-olds in fancy dresses with a handful of dark chocolate icing is a disaster waiting to happen.





For the grown-ups, I made 'Blushette' - White chocolate buttercream on Vanilla cake with raspberry cream filling.




And the little ladies had the 'Nilla-Nilla' with fondant roses and butterflies.
It was so fun decorating these! I was very happy with the way they turned out. After I dropped them off I had a pang of remorse because I knew they were not long for this world, but I reminded myself that their beauty is in their fleeting nature and that, uneaten, a cupcake has not reached it's full potential - it's just a rapidly deteriorating heap of useless sticky-sweetness. I suppose it's no surprise that in making something 'magical' you'll feel like you lost a little something when you say good-bye to it. Maybe thats how I'll know when I've done a good job.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bonnie, lovely cupcakes. Just wondering if you can tell me where to buy creme fraishe in kingston?

    ReplyDelete